Friday, April 18, 2014

A Challenge to "Die" for...



Hi, I like this play on words!  I am referring to the current "Use Die cuts" challenge over at the Get Inky! from Blue Moon Creations Crafting Station blog where I am one of the Designers.  I was fortunate to be able to combine some new stamps with some old tools of mine to make this card for you:





I apologize for the glare in this picture, however my camera's batteries just gave out and I was pressed to meet another deadline.  The glare is due to the fact that I used a very glossy picture quality pre made card base.  I wanted to experiment with some alcohol inks for the background.  In person it really looks like outer space.

I used Alcohol inks from Tim Holtz and Ranger:  Adirondack in : stream, Pool, and Pitch Black.  I sprayed some Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer mist over the dried base.  I used the Whimsical Moon and Stars stamps from Get Inky! (Shine on Me Trio of stars?).  The dies were made from my old Creative Memories Star Maker, and my Fiskars star shaped punch..

When it comes to using dies in card making the possibilities are endless.  I hope that you enjoyed my sample and that you also enjoy making some of your own creations with dies.  Now go Get Inky!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: