Saturday, June 6, 2015

How To Alter Chipboard Scissors

How to alter plain chipboard into beautiful projects with a few supplies is what I intend to share with you today.  Hi, thanks for popping over.  Perhaps you are here because you saw my project over at the RN blog (click here) or you are here because you are subscribed to my blog.  Well, if you don't want to miss any of my crafty shares which are FREE, then subscribe to my blog or follow me.  There are links whether you are on Google or other platforms.  Just check out all the options in the side bars and choose which ever one you want.

Ok, now for the real reason you are here, the "HOW TO! "  I made this for the RN blog:


it started out as a plain chipboard (cardboard) die from Gina's Designs.  Pretty neat just by itself and lends itself beautifully to inexpensive craft paints.

Step 1: clean residue off chipboard with a damp cloth or some wipes.


Step 2: paint on a coat of a dark colour of craft or acrylic paint   I chose black in this case.


Step 3:  after the paint has dried apply a coat of Crackle Medium"and let that dry.

Step 4:  paint on a coat of light coloured paint..  Here I used a warm white.

Step 5: as the top coat dries you can see the lovely crackling happening.  Let that set.  I used some stamping dye ink and a sponge dauber to add some more dimension and antique the piece some more.


Step 6:  assemble the pieces of chipboard into the scissors.


Step 7:  decorate with some gems or dew drops using a good glue Tie a piece of ribbon near the top.

I enjoyed making this and I hope that I have inspired you to go find some plain old cardboard and turn into your own masterpiece!

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog,  leave some comments or questions, and follow me on social media, to keep up with my project making.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  Keep crafting!  :)

Links to Supplies:
                                                                             





Thank you to the following sponsors: Robin's Nest,  Beacon, Gina's Designs

No comments: