Monday, September 14, 2015

How To Make Doing Laundry Fun

The  world's smallest laundry bag how to!  Ok, so I may not have the solution to doing laundry but I do have a fun how to about decorating a small cloth drawstring bag with a laundry theme.  This would actually make a great bag to tote your coins, some detergent or pods, and are dryer sheets for your next trip to the laundromat.  Think of those in your life who have to go out to do their laundry and create this bag that will at least bring a smile to their faces on the dreaded "L" day.



Today over at the Linnie Blooms Blog I am sharing my latest Design Team project.  I used a cloth bag that once held some Linnie Blooms Canvas Die Cut shapes (like these).  I peeled off the stickers, inserted a piece of cardboard into the bag to create a hard surface to draw on.

I downloaded one of the NEW Linnie Blooms Stitching Patterns (available here) called "Laundry Day",  reduced the size by 60%, printed it on paper and used a sheet of carbon paper to trace and transfer the pattern onto the cloth.

I used some Gelatos by Faber Castell as my water colour pigments and coloured in the images by painting each one.  These new patterns make creating so easy and fun.  I do encourage you to check them out and create something.


Supplies:
Linnie Blooms Cloth bag from Die Cuts, and Linnie Blooms "Laundry Day" Pattern
Faber Castell Gelatos
Carbon Paper

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments: