Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cupcake Curls Card




Hi.  I had so much fun making this card the other day as a guest Designer  for Get Inky!  I made a cupcake and it has no calories!  Ha, ha, ha.

Seriously, I am so happy that I get to play with some NEW  "GET INKY!" Stamps  from Blue Moon Creation.  Yeah!   For my first project I got to play with the "Cupcake Curls" Digi stamp.http://getinkychallenge.blogspot.com  Being interested in Mixed Media, hence everything artsy and crafty, I wanted to make something special.  So with several sheets of Bazzil card stock, many Copic markers, some glitter and flock, and LOTS of adhesives, I was off.

My recipe for this yummy card called for a 5x61/2" card that I made from a pink-coral card stock, a strip of white card stock, which I ran through a paper crimper to give it that bakery cupcake liner look and a piece of Blue Aqua satin ribbon, for the base.  With a scrap piece of pink card stock I embossed that with a Sizzix folder by Tim Holtz "Spirals".  I inked the edges of the piece with Distress ink by Ranger: "Tumbled Glass", and I gently rubbed some more Distress ink "Spun Sugar" over the embossed swirls.  The pink piece was adhered to the front of the base.

The best part, the cupcake, I made with a Digital download of the "Cupcake Curls " stamp.  I printed it out to be approximately 3.75", just under 4".  More cardstock was used for this.  Now with my Copics I coloured the cupcake with E93, V04, BG000, BG10, and BG00. I cut the cupcake in three parts: The Icing, the cake base, and the ribbon.   I glued white flock powder with a dash of extra  fine glitter by Stampin' Up! onto the ribbon part.  Using double sided foam adhesives I stuck the ribbon to the cake base.  Used more foam adhesive to adhere the bottom part to the swirly pink paper, and with more adhesive foam glued the icing part on top.  I used glass seed beads (from my stash) as the sprinkles for the top of the cupcake.  Finally, I dabbed tacky glue to the edge of the front, white part, of the card and sprinkled clear white glitter (3 Bugs) to resemble rock sugar.

Enjoy!  This one will not go to your hips. ;)
 http://getinkystamps.blogspopt.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah Ann I can now tell you how great this project is. Glad you got the comments up, lol. TFS~Mary M