So for starters I used: my Cricut, a 6" x 12" (15cm x 30.5cm) mat, the cartridge ;George and Basic Shapes, a pre-made and pre-scored 5"x6 1/2" (12.5 cm x 16.5cm) card in white (Recollections from Michaels). I used two sheets of plain card stock 8 1/2" x 11(21.5cm x 28cm) one white and one black (Staples). A scrap of shimmery/grey paper (Dollarama) cut to size of card. The stamp from" Cloud 9 :Large Patterns 2", was used for the background on the white oval. I used , "Archival Ink: Jet Black", "Color Box Chalk Ink: Charcoal" (to ink the edges). Some black glitter by" Martha Stewart" and "Ice Stickles: Silver Ice" glitter glue from "Ranger". Finally, a little black button from my stash.
Lots of adhesives: double sided sticky dimensional foam (Michaels), Glossy Accents glue, Tombow glue and Martha Stewart Glittering Glue. (Note: it is not necessary to use all of these glues but I would recommend using at least one good quality tacky craft glue).
I made the card to open horizontally. Adhered the shimmery paper to the front of the card. With the Cricut , George...cartridge, a 6x12 mat, and the white card stock I selected to cut the letter "O" at "Shadow Blackout" and at 5". Cut. Using same sheet I selected the letter "V" --shift lock-- for "sun" --silhouette- and 3". Cut. This gave me a star shape and a star type ring. Again on the same paper , I chose the word "Thanks"--shadow-- and 1 1/2".Cut. (note between each cut I cleared the screen on the cricut, repositioned the mat so the blade would cut where I wanted and I chose "paper saver".
With the black card stock (same cartridge) I selected the Letter "O"--silhouette-- 5", Cut. (I got 3 rings and one oval, I chose the 2nd ring and the oval for this project). Next, I selected the letter "V" in--shadow blackout-- 3". Cut. This gave me a star. Finally I selected the word "Thanks" --shadow blackout-- at 1 1/2". Cut.
I stamped the white oval lightly and inked the edges. Glued this to the front of the card. I placed the black oval over and onto the stamped white oval and glued. With tiny bits of dimensional foam adhesives (Recollections), I adhered the black oval ring as shown in the picture.
With the glitter and some Martha stewart "Glitter Glue" I jazzed up the black star. Once it was set I carefully dabbed little drops of "Glossy Accents to the points of the black star. I let the glue set for a minute, then i gently placed the white star ring onto the drops. I wanted dimension!
The white star, I scored each point towards the centre, I manipulated with a rounded tip on my craft knife to make a cup shape and bent the points by hand. The edges were inked in "Charcoal" Chalk Ink. With a good dab of glue to the centre of the glittered black star I affixed the white star. I added some "Ice Stickle" to the centre and put a little button. I then added a few touches of glitter to the star points. The word thanks was adhere with the white over the black using more tiny pieces of dimensional sticky back foam. Finally, "Thanks" was glued onto the front of the card.
I hope that you are inspired to look at some of your old tools in new ways! Thanks for looking!