Saturday, April 27, 2013

Mermaids and Art Journaling

Hello,
Welcome to one of what I hope will be many posts about some of my Art Journaling.  Among all of the  things I create I also work in several art journals.  I use these to journal, create art, doodle, make notes, try out techniques and what ever.... most of it is personal, so I only share certain things!


This two page spread was made over several days and with many different techniques and processes.
The pages were prepared with a variety of ink sprays and glimmer mists, some stencils and masks and water.   The mermaid is a digital stamp image from Fresh Brewed Designs, one of our sponsors at All That Stickles, I downloaded and printed the image on regular paper.  I coloured the mermaid with a variety of Faber Castell colouring pencils and markers.  I painted over with clear gesso to protect the image and to be able to work on it later in the journal.  When it was dry I fussy cut it and adhered it to the journal page using my Xyron double sided adhesive.  With some Inktense pencils and water I blurred the edges of the cutout into the page.  I used a lot of Icicle Stickles to enhance the bubbles on the image as well as to create more bubbles coming from the sea floor.  At the bottom of the page I added some Dew Drops from The Robin's Nest (another sponsor at All that stickles) which I added to with some more Icicle Stickles.  I made some seashell shapes cut from old book pages and distressed with Chalk inks.  The Dangling seaweed like vines are ribbon trim from my stash and so are the sea shell  sequin embellishments.  I also used some Cinnamon stickles too add some shine to the vines.

I hope that you enjoy.  Please leave me a comment and leave your email in the Follow by email box on the left.  Thanks for looking.

Don't forget to check out the challenge and goodies over at All That Stickles.

Our sponsors:
www.bugaboostamps.com
www.fresbreweddesigns.com

- http://www.etsy.com/shop/TabithasShop
Website - http://www.robinsnest-scrap.com/

No comments: