Saturday, April 13, 2013

Oh Baby Blue Project Life



I had heard so often about Project Life that I thought I should look into it and see what all the buzz is about.  Well, I get it now, and it is a great idea for us veteran scrap book makers with not enough time to make full albums of double page spreads that preserve the history of our lives.  Also, it is a great idea for the newbie to initiate them to this scrap booking addiction.  But as I seem to own an impressive quantity of scrap booking materials (amongst many other hobbies),  and since I love making things, I thought I could come up with my own Project Life by shopping in my own studio.  So I dug up this old and never been used scrapbook binder, several packs of baseball card pocket clear pages, many random left over photo album pages, and regular clear page protectors and assembled my very own and original P.L album. 

 Then the really fun part: the decorating of the said album and of course the making of some inserts for those baseball card pockets, finally I also needed to make a cute box to store my homemade cards and inserts until I need them for those memories I want to keep. I used a downloaded digital stamp image from Bugaboo Stamps"Chase Your Dreams" ( our sponsor over at All that Stickles), printed onto white paper.   Which I painted with various water colors from Luminarte H2O and Faber Castell  gelatos.  I added some Baby Blue Stickles ( see the challenge over at All That Stickles). I also added some gorgeous Dew Drops and a pretty tag from our other sponsor:   The Robin's Nest.   The vintage lace is from my collection and the labels were made with a Dymo label maker.



Now for the little box that holds my handmade Project Life journal cards and inserts.  I re purposed a small cardboard box by first painting it with white gesso, once dry I sprayed on several colors with Tattered Angels Glimmer mists in the following colors: Coffee Shop, Chalkboard, and Decadence. I also used Perfect Pearls mist in Forever Violet and Ditto Glimmer in Green.  I also re purposed the crystal type knobs from some old shower curtain rings as feet for the box.  The top of the box was decorated with a scrap of printed beige and green card stock, which I stamped with a Prima clear Background stamp: Firefly #560799 and Memento Dew Drop Rich Cocoa Ink.  The bird is a die cut from the Tim Holtz Sizzix die collection.  I colored the bird with Faber Castell coloring pencils and some Baby Blue Stickles.  The bird's eye is a Dew Drop from The Robin's Nest, other Dew drops are from my own collection of vintage flowers, and the stamped background.  The flowers and card stock piece are also distressed and inked with Color Box Chalk Ink: Creamy Brown.  I used more of my vintage lace all the way around  the top of the box.  The ribbon around the sides of the box cover is also from The Robin's Nest.


Lastly, I searched the Internet for some free printable journal cards, printed some onto card stock, others I designed free hand, and some I made from some more goodies from The Robin's Nest, such as the tags and stickers.  Of course I just had to bling up some of the journal cards with Baby  Blue Stickles, and a few more  Dew Drops.


So there you have it,  an Annmakes Project Life hybrid.  If you would like to see more of my project life attempts, stay tuned.  If you have any questions or comments please leave them below, I will get back to you.
                                                                                                        Don't forget to challenge yourself with some fun Stickly project and go see the All That Stickles  Blog Linky Party  , this weeks colour is Baby Blue. There are some nice prizes to win, courtesy of our very nice sponsors: The Robin's Nest ( giving a variety package of Dew Drops),  Bugaboo ( their prize: 7 Digi stamps), Tabitha's  Designs (giving: 2 Digital Paper Packs), and Fresh Brewed Designs (5 digis).
                                                      
                                                       
                                                      You can also follow me  by adding your email on the left.

                                                      Thanks for looking.





                  




No comments: