Monday, May 27, 2013

Glitter and Lemons?


As a Designer on the Get Inky! Design Team this is my spin on our Glitter challenge going on at our challenge blog.  I made this summery card with the intention of it being used as an all girls (sorry guys) only crafty party invitation.   The outside reads "When life gives you lemons" and the inside reads; "Make lemonade".  Both sentiments are from the "Joyful Jars" cling stamp set from Blue Moon.



The sentiment on the face of the card was stamped with Barn Door red Distress ink by Ranger, and I stamped it onto a digital stamp "Banner" from Get Inky! for Blue Moon Creation.  The papers I used are from my stash of G 45 Bathing Beauties papers. I made the lacey border on the papers' edges with a Creative Memories border maker and Scallops cartridge.  The mini pom pom trim and the dotted swiss ribbon trims are both from Stampin' Up!.  Note that the little brads holding up the banner are tall glasses of lemonade, these were from my own stash.  I used the jar and the handle stamp from the Joyful Jars Cling Stamps collection from Get Inky!  I stamped with black Archival ink onto some scraps of plastic left over from some packaging.  I traced the outline of both images with a black glaze pen to add some relief.  Once the ink was dry I added   extra fine glitters by Glitter Ritz.  The lemonade in the jar is actually just the bottom part of the jar which I stamped onto a scrap of card stock and coloured with pencils.  The ice cubes and lemon wedges are also stamps from the Joyful Jars collection which I stamped onto white card stock, coloured with glaze pens and added Glitter ritz. The ice cubes and lemons are under the plastic and over the lemonade to give it that 3-D look.  I used dimensional foam and some paper manipulating techniques to give the lemonade a concave look and adhered the plastic and papers together with Glossy Accents.  The whole jar is fixed to the card with dimensional foam.

I hope that this gives you some inspiration on how to use stamps and glitter.  Please check out the challenge blog and give it a try!  Also, join us from Saturday June 1 to 3 for our very first Blog Hop!  We are all very excited about this.  

No comments: