Saturday, July 20, 2013

Doll Tag


Hello everyone.  The All That Stickles Design Team has a nifty Linky Party going on right now and the Theme is Waterfall Stickles.  It is such a pretty shade of blue.  After you are done here please go check it out.
For my sample I made this Tag using my newly acquired, and loved, Doll stamp by Prima (#910143).  She is a tall one at nearly 7".  I made the background tag from two layers of card stock which I covered with a patterned paper by The Robin's Nest.  I used the packaging that the stamp came with as a template.   I used ALOT of tools to make this lil' beauty, and it was so much fun.

I already mentioned that I used The Robin's Nest paper as the background, I also used papers from the same line for most of the project, and the faux gems are RN as well.

I stamped the doll onto a lightly and lovely printed Robin's Nest paper, I used Memento black ink.  I stamped the doll again on some brown card stock (from my stash), a piece of tan card stock (also from my stash), and I stamped the doll again onto a piece of Robin's Nest printed paper.  By the way the RN paper is a nice card stock thickness.  There was a lot of fussy cutting and paper piecing with dimensional foam adhesive to make her 3D.  The top of her dress is enhanced with a pink Flocking powder, and her head band was glittered with pink glitter by Martha Stewart.  Note that all the edges of the doll and the other die cuts were inked with Ranger's Tim Holtz Distress inks (Black soot, and Tattered Roses).  The edges and lines of the doll were also defined with black permanent ink marker (Staples).  I used a white Gel ink pen to high light her shoes.

Although the stamp is of a faceless doll I made her some eyes with Waterfall Stickles.  I also used the same colour of Stickles as the centres of the flowers and as a shimmery background to the doll's upper background.   My use of Waterfall was subtle but I think effective.

I adorned the tag with smaller tags which I made from scraps of the same papers I had used thus far.  I used a variety of die cutters, punches and shape makers:  Stampin' Up! Tags and Label makers; and Creative Memories Tag Maker.  The doily type circle was made with a Fiskars lace punch.  The button border strip was made using an EK success punch.  The small flowers were made from Fiskars punches.

To decorate the tags I used sewing theme stamps from my stash( Creative Life ), embroidery threads and small eyelets (also from my stash) as well as my Crop-a-dile to do the work of making holes and attaching hardware.  The larger tags holes were made by using  a Stampin' Up! 1/4" circle maker and a scrap piece of Robin's Nest paper, glued to the tag and pierced with the Crop-a-dile.




I hope that you enjoyed this posting. Please leave me a comment below and join my followers in the sidebar.  thanks for viewing.
Our July sponsors at All That Stickles:
Sponsors
Freckled Fawn
http://freckledfawn.com
Prize - TBD
My Craft Spot
Prize - TBD
Robin's Nest
http://www.robinsnestscrap.com- Variety of Dew Drops
Fresh Brewed Designs
Prize - 5 dig-is