Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cupcake Birthday Banner

Hi, here is an over 7 foot banner that I made to celebrate a couple of birthdays in my household lately.  I made this also as inspiration for the challenge going on at the "Get Inky!" blog.  Challenge 12: Cakes and Cupcakes.





I used the large stitched cupcake clear stamp from the "Sew Sweet Cupcakes" collection from Get Inky! for Blue Moon Creation.  Available here.


Here is a closer look at  two of the cupcakes I made.  Each is decorated with faux sprinkles made of  sequins or glass seed beads.  They look yummy but are inedible and perfect for my diet!


Cupcake birthday banner recipe:
Ingredients;
8-10' strands of riboon or yarn in two coordinating colours (here I used purple and orange) (Stash)
2 colours of card stock, enough to cut out backgrounds for 13 banner pieces.(Staples and Creative Memories)
White card stock (Staples)
Large purple cupcake liners (I used the ones that came with the peaches in a basket I had bought)
stencil
Ink pads in purple, orange, yellow, and blue. (Stampin' Up!)
Bristle or stencil brushes(Stash)
Sticky back glittered foam letters(Dollarama)
Glitter glue (Stickles)
Sequins(Dollar store)
Beads(Dollar store)
Jump rings(Walmart)
Plate or Creative Memories shape makers (die cutters) to make circles and flowers(Creative Memories)
Hole punch(Crop-a-dile)

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: