Monday, November 4, 2013

Tree Blueprint Mixed Media Monday









I am having fun with these new Stamp and Die sets from Sizzix and Ranger in my Mixed Media projects.  I love to use layers and I usually do  lot of fussy cutting in my works, and with this set I save some time!
ok, so maybe you are here and you just want to know how I put this together?  Well, here goes...

I used a very strong piece of corrugated cardboard from an old box that I gessoed and covered with some wrinkled recycled tissue paper.  I adhered the tissue with a coat of Modge Podge, then spritzed on some inks and dyes from Ranger and Tattered Angels.  Once dry I used light modeling paste by Liquitex through an old piece of punchinella.  The center of the project is made out of a piece of American Crafts card stock and some scraps of scrapbook paper I had.  I used the stamps and Dies from the Sizzix and Tim Holtz Alterations line "Tree Blueprint".    I stamped with Memento Black ink, coloured with Distress inks: Fired Brick, Broken China, and Lemon Yellow.  I decorated with Distress Stickles by Ranger in: Scattered Straw, Fired Brick, Broken China and some Yellow. The edges of the pieces were inked with Ranger's Distress Tea Dyte ink.   everything was adhered with foam adhesive and Aleene's Tacky glue.  The bow was made from vintage red satin ribbon from my stash and glued on with hot glue.

I made this piece as inspiration for the ongoing challenge: "Anything Goes and Distress Stickles" over at the All That Stickles blog.  I hope that you participate.  I also hope that you enjoyed your visit today. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: