Friday, January 17, 2014

Handmade or AnnMade flower

Hello, today I present to you my first paper jewelry piece.  Over at the Get Inky! Stamps blog the Design Team had the mission to come up with some "Handmade Flower" inspiration for the challenge this week.  I went outside the box of cards, ha ha ha, and made a flower choker style necklace.



To make this I used the "Dimensional Flower Punch Gerber Daisy" by ek tools and a piece of scrap paper from Cosmo Cricket (old stash stuff).  These punches are lots of fun as you punch along the edge of a 12 x 12 (or in my case 12" by whatever is left), roll the strip and glue it.  Before I rolled though I stamped with the "Love Bugs" polymer clear stamps from Get Inky!, and some Black Archival ink from Ranger.  I rolled the strip, glued the end, fanned out the petals and gave it a coat of Modge Podge.  Note that I recommend coating the strip prior to rolling instead.  I glued  a black rhinestone gem to the center (Bead Landing).  Finally I used more E 6000 glue and adhered the flower to an organza type ribbon (my stash).

I hope this inspires you to give a new to you craft a try as well.

Thanks for Stopping by.


No comments: