Sunday, January 4, 2015

Recycling Holiday Cards

As a new year begins so do new opportunities.  I am pleased to announce that I will have more crafty goodness and how to's to share.  I am on several new Design Teams for 2015 and I have some new partnerships that will enable me to offer even more FREE content to my readers/viewers.  Let's go...

 This is my first post  as a Designer on the Arnold Grummer Design Team.  I have always loved playing with paper and today I am sharing my  interest in recycling old envelopes from the cards I received over the Holidays.  I have always been a saver of stuff, finding new uses for old things is a habit that I am proud of.  In a way it is how I make a small contribution to living a greener life.

So from Christmas to Valentine's Day cards, here is my Love card:





Supplies:
Arnold Grummer Paper Making Kit
Arnold Grummer Folding Heart Template
Arnold Grummer Composition Silver Dust
Red coloured used envelopes
White coloured used envelopes
Scraps of red card
Gelato crayon in red from Faber Castell
Heart shape maker from Creative Memories
"Love" stamp from Sunshine Stamps Hugs, love and Misses ovals BMC0011
Black solvent ink StazOn by Tsukineko
Small scrap of black card stock to make arrow
Tacky glue Aleene's by Duncan
Link to video on how to make your own paper is here.

Directions:
Full directions are here as of tomorrow.



I enjoyed finding a second use for those envelopes and making this card as well as a few more.  I hope this inspires  you to look at how else to recycle all those papers we get every day.

Thank you for checking out my post.  You can leave a comment below, subscribe to my blog on the side, and check out my Youtube channel here.

No comments: