Sunday, June 21, 2015

How to Add Pressed Flowers to a Candle

Pressing flowers to use as art supplies is fun, fast, and free.
Hi, today I want to share with you how I found a way to preserve some of summer's beauty all year round by preserving some blooms from my gardens.  Over at the Arnold Grummer blog where I am a Designer I made this project to show their great Flower Press.  I am after all, an avid gardener in addition to being an avid maker of all things! LOL!  I used some Deco-Page from Deco-Arts (thanks to Tracy at Deco-Arts) to glue and seal those pretty blooms to a plain candle I already owned.

Here is the before:




Now here is the after:



The press, and the flowers I pressed two weeks earlier:



I applied one coat of Deco-Page to use as the glue before I applied the flowers.  I applied a second coat over the flowers to seal them in.  I applied a third and final coat just to make sure everything was sealed in tight.


Supplies:

Flower Press provided by Arnold Grummer
Deco-Page provided by Deco-Art

candle (from my stash)
flowers (from my garden)


Please subscribe to my blog, my youtube and follow me on social media by clicking on the links in the side bars.  That way you will be notified whenever I post a new FREE to you project and how to's.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Now get Crafting!

No comments: