Monday, August 3, 2015

How to Canvas Art Journal Pages for Summer

Hi there!  Thanks for stopping by today as I share with you my latest pages done in my Linnie Blooms Mixed Stitched book.  You can see the full posting I did here (post) for The Linnie Blooms Design Team.

I work in several journals and each one has a different surface or surfaces to create on.  In the LB book the pages are made of two layers of raw canvas with recycled paper in between, like a sandwich.  These pages are a joy for me to paint and do all sorts of mixed media things with.  This week I show a couple of pages I completed using paints and stencils.  Here are a few pictures:

                                                             2 pages in my journal


                                                             some yummy colours I used



                                                                        left page


                                                             right page (notice the kitty!)


For more ideas and laughs please check out my YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/annmakes and subscribe.  Also, please leave some comments below and follow my blog by clicking in the box in the left sidebar.

Thanks again for your visit today, and come back soon.

Supplies:
Linnie Blooms Mini Mixed-Stitched Book
Page 1:
DecoArt® Media™Misters in: Primary Magenta, Primary Cyan, and Primary Yellow
DecoArt® Crafter's Acrylic ™Paint  in Black
DecoArt® Stencil Andy Skinnner 6"x6" "Vogue"
Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz stamp "City-Central"
Page2:
DecoArt® Media Fluid Acrylics™in:  Cobalt Teal Hue, Quinacridone Magenta, Hansa Yellow Light
Stamp (my stash)
Ranger's Archival Black Ink(used ion both pages)
Faber Castell Black Pitt Pen
DecoArt®Americana stencil 6"x8" "Daisy Chain
Quote Sticker (my stash)
Respect Green Metallic pen
Decoupage by DecoArt® glue-Sealer-finish (used on both pages)

No comments: