Monday, October 19, 2015

Handmade Paper Thank You Cards

Handmade paper is easy and fun to make, and as a Designer over at the Arnold Grummer Design Team Blog I get to share with you my projects as do all the other so talented designers.  You can check them out here.



Today I have this card  that is it's own envelope to show you.  As you may already know I make batches of handmade paper in advance, and the paper I use in this sample was made a while ago.  However, there is a slight spin!  I added crushed dried red Maple Leafs into the pulp mixture when I poured the paper.  So that is why the paper has a rose tint to it and it is speckled throughout with flecks of red.  That made it an easy choice for today's project.



The other technique I used in the making of this Thank You Card is Paper casting in a Mould.  I poured a pulp mixture made from cotton linter into a ceramic maple leaf mould.  Before I added it to the card I coloured it with some Gelatos.

The sentiment, and ink I chose are from Stampin' Up!  I inked the edges of the card with the same colour of ink as well.

To see more pictures and get more links to the Arnold Grummer store and videos, just click here.

I hope that you are inspired to go make your own paper and cards, it truly is fun.

Thank you so much for stopping by.

Materials:
Real Flower Seals/Stickers(given to me by AG, not available in store)
Rubber Stamps "Sincere Salutations"  Stampin'Up!
Dye Ink Pad "Really Rust" Stampin'Up!
Creamy Pastels "Gelatos" in Pistachio, Butterscotch, and Blood Orange by Faber Castell
Book: The Art of Paper Casting with Rycraft Ceramic Stamps Rycraft available at the Arnold Grummer store
Raffia by May Arts
Tacky Glue "Aleene's"
Template: Invitation & Thank You Card #354  Arnold Grummer
Cotton Linter for Paper Casting Arnold Grummer
Handmade Paper using the Paper Making Kit from Arnold Grummer

No comments: