Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Flower

Here is my handmade paper Christmas Poinsettia Flower Ornament that I made as part of the Design Team over at the Arnold Grummer Paper Making Blog.CLICK HERE



To make this I used several sheets of handmade paper I already had in my stash.  It is possible to make this with any kind of paper you have.  It came together quite easily by using the  Sizzix Die that I have had for years.  I used the same die to cut out two green petals to make leaves.  I also used my new Tri-Tone colouring pencils to add some interest to the leaves.
I find that using a glue stick when sticking handmade papers together to be better than wet glues.  In the end Ii  did use my Ad Tech glue gun to use some hot glue to attach the finished flower to a large clothes pin.  The clothes pin now makes my flower easier to attach to our Christmas tree or even to a gift.

Thank you for stopping by.


Supplies:
Koh-I-Noor Tri-Tone Multi colored lead pencils
John Bead Corp Ltd. Gold coloured glass beads
Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer
Studio Glue Stick
AdTech Hot Glue
Richard Wood Clothes Pin
Papers All Handmade following the Arnold Grummer Paper Making Method
Sizzix #655222 Die Flower Petals & Center

No comments: