Friday, December 11, 2015
See You at CHA
The CHA Social Committee has put together the See You at CHA Blog Hop event that has been going on this week as a way to share the excitement so many of us in this industry have over the upcoming CHA Mega Conference and Trade Show in January, 2016! We are a group of Designers, Professional Crafters, Manufacturers, Educators, etc working in the Crafts and Hobby Industry. We love what we do and we love to share that enthusiasm with all of you. We are so excited that there is even a contest!
That's right. Here is your chance to win a Visa gift card (which will be valid in the winner's country) worth over 600$ USD. Now, that's exciting!!!!
The rules are simple:
1. Check out my blog post (mandatory) leave a comment and answer the following question: "What is your favourite "Can't Live Without" craft tool or supply?"
2. Tweet about the giveaway. (Use #CHAshow). The more you tweet the more chances you get.
3. Answer a multiple-choice poll about how you "Cre8time"for crafting (double entry value)
Anyone and everyone in The USA and abroad is eligible to enter. Including participants and their teams. CHA staff are not eligible though.
Now, getting ready to go to CHA entails alot of preparation for me . It will be my 2nd time at CHA and I plan as much as I can in advance. My time there is short and packed, so I try to be prepared as much as possible. Here are some of the things I do:
1. Follow the See You at CHA Facebook Group. There is a lot going on there and people are exchanging ideas, making plans, and sharing.
2. Write out my itinerary either long hand or digital. Making notes of reservation numbers, scheduled meetings, when and where of social activities, classes, etc.
3. Print out copies of Hotel and Airplane information and confirmations. Or/ and keeping digital copies of this information on my devices.
4. Use apps on my iPhone to simplify my travel. I like to use the Air Canada app to check on my flight(s) information, confirm my booking, pick a seat, etc... (So I don't have to do everything in number 3, even though I still do most of that just because people and digital systems are not fail proof). By the way this app makes check in a breeze, I can bypass the line and go straight to security, if I have no luggage to check.
5. Make sure to have my passport and identification ready and easy to access, along with my iPhone to check in electronically at the airport.
6. Bring my Planner! That baby follows me everywhere. In there I keep all the information I have already mentioned, just in a compact version. Plus I like to write in it, take notes, doodle and decorate it while waiting or sitting for a while.
Speaking of planners.....
I will be doing a Make and Take of embellishments for your planner, in the Designers in Action section on the show floor at CHA. I will be there on Saturday January 9 at 2pm, for one hour. I will have a limited amount of product to use for this very quick and easy Make and Take. I hope to see some of you there. Thanks to Little B and Deflecto for their generous contributions.
You can also check out the many talented Designer's Displays and Work at the Show, including mine. Our displays will be set up in the Designers in Action Section, for the duration of the show.
Now, to see the other posts on this hop you can click here:
Thanks so much for stopping by.
###If you are looking for my post for Creative Paperclay™ it's here.###
a Rafflecopter giveaway