Friday, June 3, 2016

Making with Mod Podge

Not too long ago I was asked to review a book about projects that can be made with Mod Podge®, from LeisureArts®. You can read the review by going here.

I made a couple of projects and of course added my own twist to the projects.  Here is one of those project.


To make this I repurposed an old wooden frame which I covered with gold tissue paper using Mod Podge®.  I also painted the inside and outside edges with some gold acrylic paint.



I measured some golden brown colored cardstock to size to adhere to a white based thin cardboard.



Using my Cricut Explore Air™ I designed the letters I wanted in the Cricut Design space™ and cut out the letters for the sign.  I had drawn out the design I wanted by hand on the green cardstock and used a craft knife to cut out the logo.  I found this quicker than trying to design this on the Cricut®.



To adhere each letter I decide to use a repositionable adhesive and my good old Xyron® Sticker maker.

Once I had the letters in place I then used the Paper Mod Podge® to secure everything in place.  After everything was dry and glued down I covered the entire sign with a coat of the Mod Podge®.



I deviated slightly from the instructions in  the book, just to make this my own.

I hope that you enjoy learning about Decoupage.  I would love to read your comments and please follow me by subscribing to the Google group in the left-hand bar.

Thank you for stopping by.


No comments: