Tuesday, March 7, 2017

St. Patricks Day Decor DIY

How to make an easy, fast, and inexpensive Teacher's or Colleague's gift for St. Patrick's Day.  Since everybody (well a lot of people) like to say they are Irish even if they are not on this day, here is a quick project you can make in a short amount of time.  Give this and celebrate!


The Lucky Leprechaun Hat was inspired by the generous gift of paint by Rust-Oleum.  When I first received the cans of colorful , and eyed the luscious green spray paint (Gloss Rich Jade) I immediately thought of Leprechauns and St. Patty's Day, and Luck!


To do the project, here is what I did.

I took a small terracotta pot (I chose it because of the wide brim that looks a bit like that of a hat), spray painted it with Rust-Oleum Gloss Protective Enamel in Gloss Rich Jade, and let the paint dry.

To imitate the sash on a Leprechaun's hat I cut a piece of gold colored cardstock to size, made some slits and slid a piece of black ribbon through the "buckle."  I used a dab of hot glue to secure the black trim to the "Hat."

I cut a piece of floral foam to insert into the pot and used some hot glue with my Ad Tech Glue Gun to secure the block.

With some more glue, I covered the foam and filled the gaps with the shredded paper (or Easter Grass).

I chose some foam clovers, adhered them to each pencil with some more hot glue, and poked the pencils into the floral foam.

I added a bit more glue and "Grass" to cover the holes.

To finish off the Lucky Hat, I glued a few gold foil wrapped chocolates in the "Grass."

Shop DollarTree.com to get all of your St. Patricks Day decorations for only $1!

Many of the supplies I used to make the "Lucky Leprechaun Hat" came from the Dollar Tree and hauls I did (here is the Haul video )  link here.

Shop DollarTree.com to get all of your St. Patricks Day decorations for only $1!

Supplies purchased at Dollar Tree, and used:
Terracotta pot
Floral Foam
Glue sticks
Easter Grass
Pencils
Foam Shamrocks
Chocolates



How To video link here.


Thank you for stopping by, and have a safe and fun St. Patrick's Day!


No comments: