Monday, September 21, 2015

How to Hoot



Hello, today the Design Team (including myself) over at the Linnie Blooms Blog are doing a cooperative Blog Hop with Faber Castell.  We are pleased to team up with a company that makes such wonderful art and craft products.  Here is the project I made:



It is a canvas ATC (Artist Trading Card) with an owl.  It would also make a cute tag.  To start off here is a list of the products I used to make this project.

From Faber Castell:  Glass Bead Glitter Gel, Mixed Media Stencils Collection 101, Gelatos                ( Margarita Mix, Orange Soda,Limoncello, Snow Cone, and Bubble Gum), and Pitt Artist Pens "Big Brush" in "Orange Glaze", and "Black"
 From Linnie Blooms:  Owl, ATC,Stamp "Stitched Doodles",  Stencil"Flutter"
Other Products: Square Sequin (Art Minds), Rhinestones (Dollarama), Aleene's Tacky Glue, Ranger Black Archival Ink, and DYMO Label Maker.



To begin, I chose three complimentary colours of Gelatos to prepare the background of the ATC.  I love using the Gelatos from Faber Castell as they are the creamiest pastels ever!  The colours are beautiful and I really like the NEW Bright Colours.  I used my finger and a few drops of water to spread the colour over and into the canvas.



By the way the ATC is a Linnie Blooms canvas layered ATC.  It consists of a sandwich of two layers of raw canvas with a recycled paper in the middle.  The layers are stitched together so the creator has no actual sewing to do!




I chose two colours to create the funky happy Owl by using the same method I used previously in colouring the ATC.  I then used the Stitched Stamp (Linnie Blooms) and a Black Pit Big Brush Pen (Faber Castell) to add the feathers to the owl.



For the ATC, I used a stencil from Faber Castell , and the Glass Bead Glitter Gel also from Faber Castell.  The paste is easy to spread with a palette knife.




The picture below shows the paste when it is still wet.



 I did try to show what the dry paste looks like in the other picture, however it is difficult to see the sparkling beads as the camera blurs the image due to the shine.








Another step involved using a Linnie Blooms stencil called  "Flutter" and some more Brush Pens by Faber Castell to add the branch to the ATC.









To make the Owl's beak I used a square shaped sequin which I folded in half on the diagonal.


The Owl's eyes are self adhering faux rhinestones.


To adhere the owl to the ATC I used some good tacky crafting glue.  I used the same glue for adhering the rhinestone eyes, the beak, and the words (made with the DYMO Label Maker).

This was a fun project to make and I hope that you too find working and playing with the Faber Castell Products and the Linnie Blooms products enjoyable.

Please get "Hoppin'" by going here: http://linnieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/09/linnie-blooms-and-faber-castell-blog-hop.html
And just in case, here is the list of Designers taking part in this Hop:

Ann Strecko Koemen (That's where you are now)

Thank you for stopping by!


No comments: