The leafs are changing colors here and have started to fall. It is my favorite time of year. Soon Halloween will be upon us, and it is one of my most favorite holidays! Every year we decorate with lots of pumpkins around the house inside and out. For this year I will have a Pumpkin Necklace to wear.
For October Amazing Casting Products by Alumilite Corporation challenged the makers of the Designer Crafts Connection to create some "Spooktacular" jewelry!
We were given Amazing Clear Cast Resin to mark the NEW release of the 8oz size, AND the Alumilite Dye (mine in Orange) and Alumidust colorants (mine in Pewter and Pearl). Information about these products is available through these links:
http://www.moldputty.com/store/p/1023-Amazing-Clear-Cast.aspx http://www.moldputty.com/store/p/1082-AlumiAlumidust-clone.aspx http://www.moldputty.com/store/p/1012-Alumilite-Dye.aspx
Coupon Code at bottom
How I made the Pumpkin Necklace:
1. Using equal amounts of Tub A with Tub B of molding Putty, and kneading for a few minutes until the two colors become one.
2. Mold around a pumpkin embellishment. Let mold set.
3. Mix equal amounts of the two liquids from Amazing Casting. I added a couple of drops of Orange Dye. Pour Resin into the mold and let set overnight. Remove new Resin Pumpkin from Mold.
4. Glue some gems for the eyes and nose. Add some Pewter Alumidust to define the Pumpkin's indentations.
5. Using a 1" circle paper punch make a circle from cardstock, cover it with some Washi paper. Adhere into a Bottle cap pendant. Glue pumpkin in a cap. Add some bright glue to set everything. Attach to a chain. Glue on a small ribbon bow.
But, first Happy Hopping to the other Designers' Blogs to see their "Spooktacular" projects.
Ann Strecko Koeman (That's me!)
Susan M Brown
Susan M Brown